[extropy-chat] 'a process of non-thinking called faith' 2 (2)

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 26 16:31:30 UTC 2006

 America may very well be more imperialist than Islam; though you might not want to go by world opinion, which can be propagandistic and fickle, please do not romanticize the world outside the US. The other countries are quite predatory as well. Perhaps America IS the most predatory nation however it is at the pinnacle of the heap.
  We live in a world not as nationalistic as before-- yet still quite nationalistic. As I wrote in another post, we are trapped in the past. You and I may dislike nationalism yet how many hundreds of millions (or is it billions?) are still nationalistic? America is playing along with the game albeit at a higher plane.
   World opinion doesn't hold much appeal. One statement of Jeremy Rifkin's made a great deal of sense: "we live in an Orwellian world where truth is lies and lies are truth"
  ('Entropy', 1980). Such a statement applies not only to the USA but also to the world at large.