[extropy-chat] 'a process of non-thinking called faith' 2 (2)

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Sun Nov 26 21:27:22 UTC 2006

And, of course, I find the article right after I send the last email:

http://www.safehaven.com/article-6329.htm

Its chart-and-graph laden, and the "arbitrary growth curve" I
mentioned happened to be "inflation."  Maybe not so arbitrary. :)
Here's an excerpt from the piece:

> I continue to forecast a 25% fall in median single-family prices
> nationwide. This sounds like a big drop, and is far larger than the
> 5% to 10% decline that other housing bears foresee. But it would
> take a 35% fall to bring house prices back in line with the CPI
> (see Chart 1 from above) and a 40% plummet to re-establish the
> stable level of real quality-adjusted house prices that held in the

Enjoy.  This made lively lunchtime conversation around the labs last
week.

Brent