[extropy-chat] Islamic morons win yet again

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Oct 1 04:46:41 UTC 2006

At 12:01 AM 10/1/2006 -0400, Keith H. wrote:

> >The fall
> >was caused by being part of a modern European state, as all European
> >birth rates were falling during that period.
>
>The matter of total mystery to me is *why.*  I don't have the least idea of
>why women would restrict family size at the times they did.  Any ideas
>would be appreciated.

I should have thought it's obvious: so they could do things with
their lives in addition to producing and looking after one child
after another after another...

What's more interesting, in the context of this thread, is how
Catholics raised in these two famously pious nations (Ireland and
Spain) managed to find workarounds to the clamoring condemnation of
birth control from their supposedly virginal prelates, not to mention
the urgings of their baby-mad genes.

Damien Broderick