[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Oct 1 15:47:12 UTC 2006

Joseph wrote

> Not an unconstitutional suspension of rights of American citizens
> (nothing in the article originally referenced supports the notion that
> ordinary Americans can be detained under this bill as far as I can tell).

And then someone flatly contradicted this.  (And before Joseph wrote
someone flatly contradicted this. )Sounds like a pretty clear-cut question
to me.  Would someone please admit that they were incorrect, and that
either the bill does or does not apply to American citizens?

If it *does* apply to American citizens also, then what about American
citizens serving overseas in enemy organizations? (E.g. the Taliban or
Al Queda.)  When things get grim enough again---and they will---I
certainly won't have any problem with the latter.

Thanks,
Lee