[extropy-chat] Uses of Religion

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 21:35:06 UTC 2006

On 10/1/06, Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com> wrote:

> > The important thing in the West---and now to the rest of the world---is,
> > for the billion or so bystanders, whether the nightly news is painful or
> > merely interesting.
>
> No.  It mattered then and it matters now.

If it really did matter then you would see much more on the nightly news
regarding the person in the U.S. that dies every 12 seconds (4.7 a minute,
6700 a day) due to so called natural causes [1].

Those guilty of causing death due to acts of commission and those causing
deaths due to acts of omission are only two letters apart.

Robert

1. They remain "natural" because we haven't chosen yet to really apply
ourselves to solving them.