[extropy-chat] Wireheading

Alex Ramonsky alex at ramonsky.com
Mon Oct 2 10:02:20 UTC 2006

Yo Eugen  :  )
I did LSD for an average of four days per week from 1983-84. [Despite
heroic attempts, we couldn't get it to work more often than that]. I
personally felt pretty blissed out in very much the same way I have on
heroin. Maybe other people don't.
I've only ever done heroin a couple of times, and that orally; so that
may make a difference too.
Drugs have very different effects on different people. I can only say
what it was like for me. I do have colleagues who have done both and
claim a similar experience, but perhaps the real answer here lies in
one's personal semantics for the meaning of "blissed out". To me it
means "Totally anxiety-free". Or these days, perhaps I should say, "Normal".
Best,
AR