[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Tue Oct 3 02:33:37 UTC 2006

Brent Neal wrote:

>I think the point that is being made here is that you are letting
>your love of the current administration blind you to the force that
>really wants to destroy the Western way of life; that is, an out of
>control right-wing administration bent on destroying the rule of law
>and our civil liberties in the name of political gain and Christian
>fundamentalism, amongst other things.

I will thank you to not attempt to ascribe motives to me, nor try to
divine my loves and hates. I have no "love" for the current
adminitration. I have many staunch disagreements with current policy
across a broad spectrum.

However, I do agree with them on one overriding point; that the threat
posed by Islamist extremists is one which threatens the very existence
of the United States and Western culture as a whole, and I find that
ensuring the overall survival of Western civilization, which I believe
to be the most conducive to achieving a PostHuman future, is paramount.

Joseph