[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 04:00:09 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Bloch
>
> The rest I dismiss as the same sort of partisan wrangling that one sees
> in any election. I can put forth accusations of Democrats bussing in
> homeless people into Ohio, and bribing them to vote Democratic... Joseph

Joseph this comment reminds me of the dilemma the exit pollsters face.
Those areas in which most of the voters are likely to vote to the left are
often too dangerous for pollster to enter alone.  (Think outskirts of
Washington DC for instance.)  Should the pollster carry along sufficient
armed protection to ensure a reasonable degree of safety, a significant
fraction of the local voters would be frightened away from the polls by the
presence of the police.

I would be interested to hear if it works that way in Europe too.