[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 14:47:05 UTC 2006

Fred, it was a commentary I saw in the Mercury News last election cycle,
don't know where it referred.  You and I live near San Jose.  Can you think
of any areas, such as just south of Commercial and east of the freeway, that
you would be reluctant to enter alone?  I can assure you that my home town
of Titusville Florida contains areas waaay more dangerous than that one.
Now in those areas, how do you suppose the locals will vote?

My notion is that typically any election is nearly balanced, with voters
45-55-ish split.  But some areas will go 80 to 90 percent one way (think DC
again).  Those areas are highly influential in the balance, because they
also tend to be very densely packed.  If pollsters are afraid to go in
there, they don't get counted in exit polls.

spike