[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Oct 5 08:14:03 UTC 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 9:00 PM, spike wrote:

>> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Bloch
>>
>> The rest I dismiss as the same sort of partisan wrangling that one
>> sees
>> in any election. I can put forth accusations of Democrats bussing in
>> homeless people into Ohio, and bribing them to vote Democratic...
>> Joseph
>
> Joseph this comment reminds me of the dilemma the exit pollsters face.
> Those areas in which most of the voters are likely to vote to the
> left are
> often too dangerous for pollster to enter alone.

Left????  Voting against Bush in 2004 took being way out on the left
somewhere or likely living in a bad part of town?  Sounds like cheap
classist argumentation to me.   The polls are not in particularly
unsafe places by design.  Last I checked exit pollsters worked at the
polling places.  The race was extremely close so it certainly cannot
be that predominantly Democrats were found in very dangerous places.

- s