[extropy-chat] Fools building AIs (was: Tyranny in place)

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Oct 7 01:34:56 UTC 2006

Actually what I know of his opinion in simply that when AGI arrives
humans, even uploaded and augmented post- but former humans, will
eventually not be competitive in comparison.  He has said that if
humanity is to disappear someday then he would much rather that it be
because it is replaced by something more intelligent.  He has said
that in his opinion this would not be such a bad outcome.  I don't see
anything all that objectionable in that.   Nor do I see much room to
challenge his conclusion about humans relative to AIs in
competitiveness.

- samantha