[extropy-chat] FRA security theatre

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Oct 7 09:07:24 UTC 2006

Well well. After passing through the US Security Theatre at Frankfurt
Airport.. Each time I travel to the US, I think that the security checks
can not possibly become more ridiculous (and humiliating). The next time
I discover that indeed it can, and it is.

Here (at FRA), there seems to be a focus on a particular plastic bag
that indicates to all that your item is approved, so if your toothpaste
is already inside of a plastic bag, then it must be bagged again (the
handler was laughing while double-bagging, so I'm glad he could see the
humor). He seemed impressed that I drank my bottle-of-water-bought-Rome
inside of putting it inside of the liquid bin. And for some reason the
vendor selling food and drinks cannot sell the (identical-to-my_Rome)
bottle of the water displayed in their case. Apparently they are for
display only, but if you want to _drink_ the water, well, then they can
only pour some fraction from the bottle into a styrofoam cup for you.

from your embedded airport reporter,

Amara