[extropy-chat] Wireheading

Alex Ramonsky alex at ramonsky.com
Sat Oct 7 15:26:47 UTC 2006

Well, dive in anywhere  :  )

http://darwin.nap.edu/books/0309064015/html/193.html

[Go to the actual page snap]
And you'll notice there is a lot going on here; I have the feeling it's
another area where "scientific opinion" may be strongly in transition
-actual experiments exploring exactly what you propose are on the
go...but there's not much funding there, y'know  :  )  The main [funded]
exploration is still looking at downregulation in the context of
stopping people becoming addicted to "illegal substances" or sleeping
tablets [benzodiazepines]. If you're into this idea though, it's a great
opportunity to go fishing. We've both got labs at our disposal so how
about let's look for our own answer?  :  )
Best,
AR
PS you play 'Homeworld' at all? :  )