[extropy-chat] You're Fired

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 00:50:44 UTC 2006

I like the idea. I think it will make CEO selection
for companies more meritocratic which would go a long
way to justify how much more they earn compared to an
average employee of the same company.

--- Robin Hanson <rhanson at gmu.edu> wrote:

> <http://hanson.gmu.edu/YoureFired.htm>You're Fired,
> Forbes, October 30, 2006.
>
> In the above OpEd I introduce a wide audience to my
> proposal to put
> market in charge of whether to fire the CEO.   Not
> only would this
> add value to companies, it would change the way we
> think about who
> does and should "run" our major organizations.
>

> Robin Hanson  rhanson at gmu.edu  http://hanson.gmu.edu
> Associate Professor of Economics, George Mason
> University
> MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
> 703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much."

- P. T. Barnum