[extropy-chat] Fictional Singularity Movie

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed Oct 18 14:44:58 UTC 2006

Let me see if I can guess what a Hollywood made Singularity movie would be
like. The handsome hero and his beautiful assistant Dr. Kitty Loveinterest
are determined to stop the Singularity; they accomplish this in the third
act by breaking into the mad scientist's underground laboratory deep in the
heart  of an active volcano and winning a fistfight with villain Eliezer
Yudkowsky and his gang of evil henchmen, who for some reason insist on
attacking the hero one at a time rather than all at once. The world is
saved, the Singularity will never happen, and they all lived happily ever
after. The End.. or is it? Yudkowsky's diabolical laughter could be faintly
heard over the closing credits.

   John K Clark