[extropy-chat] [psl at acm.org: ACTION ALERT: Blackwell purged Ohio Voter Rolls Oct 1st.- Vote Early!]

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 13:28:57 UTC 2006

> ----- Forwarded message from Peter Langston <psl at acm.org> -----
> From: Peter Langston <psl at acm.org>
> Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:43:42 -0700

[snip]

Interesting.  I used to work with Peter Langston.  One of the most creative
programmers I ever encountered.  If he is forwarding it I think it is worth
people taking note of it.  If one collectively considers the cited example
of voter role manipulation, the past district line redrawing games and the
recent problem of congressional staffers playing name calling and smear
tactic games in Wikipedia [1] then there is a significant segment of the
political "corporation" which has really gone over the cliff.

On a positive note, I caught part of Charlie Rose's interview with Barack
Obama last night discussing his recent book and a variety of political
topics. I thought he was very good.  Made me feel that there may still be
some good, sensible politicians out there.

Robert

1. Last I knew congressional IP addresses were still barred from editing
Wikipedia pages.