[extropy-chat] it's not natural!

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 30 14:38:11 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 12:03 AM
> To: 'ExI chat list'
> Subject: [extropy-chat] it's not natural!
>
> This is hilarious:
>
> http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/806

> OSLO: A Norwegian museum exhibit of homosexual
> behaviour in the animal world has sparked
> consternation among conservative Christians.

Damien, this may surprise some here, but farm people or those who grew up
around a lot of animals have known of it all along.  As a child I witnessed
gay male rabbits for instance.  A friend had a female beagle that would
mount your leg and attempt to copulate if you let her, which is an example
both of presumably homosexual behavior and bestiality in a beast.  Nature
does things like that.  If otherwise, we would have a hard time explaining
its absence.