[extropy-chat] cryonicist's nightmare

John john.heritage at v21.me.uk
Tue Sep 5 06:28:49 UTC 2006

That's a thought I've had as well. There are places around there that can get as low as -80C - I had been wondering if it would be possible to build a big CO2 condensing plant there to liquify the excess from the air (you don't want to know how much storage space you'd need if it worked - although it'd still probably be cheaper than the mica dust reflector idea).

It would certainly help with reducing the energy loss from the cryostats.

Since the bodies aren't going anywhere and don't require any complex electronics or servicing to support them (unlike big, complex physics experiments), it should be feasible I would imagine.

John