[extropy-chat] Talking Elephant

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 19:06:07 UTC 2006

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> At 03:18 PM 9/11/2006 +0930, Emlyn wrote:
>
> >You can buy paintings by elephants:
> >

><http://www.novica.com/artistdetail/index.cfm?faid=3159>http://www.novica.com/artistdetail/index.cfm?faid=3159
>
> You can even buy fiction written by elephants, but I
> have to warn you
> that they're mostly trunk novels.
>
> Damien Broderick
> [tusk, tusk]

To be fair, I have it on good authority that the
Pachyderm High Council has ruled that allowing
elephants to actually publish their novels would
jeapordize their control of the Republican Party. So
long as people believe elephants are just dumb
animals, they can paint themselves pink, move around
the Republican National Headquarters unseen, and
dictate policy to Bush administration as disembodied
voices of possibly divine origin.

Rumor has it they are going to strongly censure Kosik
for making flapping monkey-meat noises in front of the
media.

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

-Galileo Galilei