[extropy-chat] "Hyperdrive Engine Could Let Us Reach Mars in 3 Hours"

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Mon Sep 25 02:35:31 UTC 2006

On 9/24/06, Michael Anissimov <michaelanissimov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone make sense out of this?
>
> http://www.impactlab.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7241

IMO (and bear in mind I'm a mathematician, not a physicist, though I
studied a bunch of physics at one point), this is speculative but not
insane or totally implausible...

There seem to be some new experimental results related to these ideas

See report

http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/GSP/SEM0L6OVGJE_0.html

and paper

http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0603033

The results presented in this paper are not identical to those
required for the proposed propulsion system to work, but are
conceptually related....

Whether Heim theory (the basis of the proposed propulsion system) is
accepted or not (I'm skeptical), it seems clear that there are large
gravitomagnetic effects out there that are not explained by general
relativity nor by any currently mainstream
general-relativity/quantum-theory synthesis...

-- Ben