[extropy-chat] where to go with supplementation in a post-Nick-Lane world ?

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 13:36:55 UTC 2006

> > a) a combination of natural substances that greatly increases lifespan
> > would have been noticed by now
>
> No, this strikes me as unplausible. Resveratol is natural, but lacking
> enrichment (ability to extract) the effect is weak.

The interesting question is whether resveratrol is a complete replacement
for CR or only a partial alternative.  My guess would be that CR + RES > RES
but CR + RES ~= CR but I might be wrong.

The question is whether the longevity promotion genomic program has
additional effects (biasing DNA repair strategies?) over that which would be
provided by a reduction in oxygen intake (CR).

Robert