[extropy-chat] weird al takes on rap

Anders Sandberg asa at nada.kth.se
Thu Sep 28 16:29:54 UTC 2006

spike wrote:
>> Vacuum's video for "I Breathe"
>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=GPjqynQzuC0&mode=related&search=
>>
>> Any other good equations in music videos?... Anders Sandberg,
>
> The other video on that YouTube site called Pride in My Religion has some
> great equationage.  That group Vacuum has a great sound with terrific
> concept.  Best thing since Abba.  {8^D

And cool flying cardinals in the lab. The song "Science of the Sacred" has
a little saintly girl with a pi medallion around her neck. Some of the
members went on to create the band Bodies Without Organs, which has a nice
video at http://youtube.com/watch?v=pws5OsDWRvM&mode=related&search=

The song includes the lines:

You will have to change your notion
Bodies in motion
Joining the transhuman race
We should be the first transforming
Sweet global warming
Marvel at the beauty of space

Never shed a tear to cry time goes by
Playing a game with your mind
Fall into a deep organic sleeping titanic
Frozen to wake up in time

--
Anders Sandberg,
Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics