[extropy-chat] Wireheading

John john.heritage at v21.me.uk
Thu Sep 28 18:59:20 UTC 2006

> inserting a cannula into the basal forebrain and releasing
> microdoses of cocaine would probably be a great kick, and I think that one
> could get around some of the systemic bad effects of cocaine this way. And
> the placebo factor would be a real kicker.

Reminds me of the bodyswap episode of Red Dwarf;

"LISTER: (upon seeing a large needle that KRYTEN just removed the air
  from and looking worried) Kryten, what's that for?
KRYTEN: It's a mental emetic.
LISTER: A what?
KRYTEN: A mind enema -- so we can flush out your brain.
LISTER: Nobody's flush'n out my brain.
KRYTEN: We'll transfer it back afterwards.
LISTER: You are not sticking that thing in my head

KRYTEN: Keep that safe -- it's Lister's mind.

He hands the small cassette to CAT.  As they are all looking at it CAT
drops it into a mug of coffee.  RIMMER recoils very quickly.  CAT,
looking most apologetic, but not quite managing to hide an evil smirk,
removes the cassette from his coffee and slinks off."

John

BullGuard Anti-virus has scanned this e-mail and found it clean.
Try BullGuard for free: www.bullguard.com