[extropy-chat] Wireheading

Alex Ramonsky alex at ramonsky.com
Fri Sep 29 11:11:54 UTC 2006

Sorry I missed this, I was busy wireheading  :  )  [joke]

...I tried DBS some years ago. I spent a long time trying not to do it
again, and succeeded. I've also tried microiontophoresis with a syringe
driver; similar problem. There are many routes to feeling totally
blissed out and getting  nothing done whatsoever, as I'm sure many LSD
or Heroin fans would agree...but it's not as enjoyable overall as
feeling a little bit blissed out and still being able to get on with
life in a competent manner. That's harder because it's a matter of
balancing your own neurochemicals via minute tweaking over time. A good
analogy would be that the mind resembles a very detailed picture that
needs to be altered a pixel at a time, and wireheading works like Paint
Shop Pro's color fill tool
  :  )
I'm writing another book btw, but no spoilers  :  )
Best,
AR