[extropy-chat] christianity meme

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 30 16:19:47 UTC 2006

On 9/29/06, John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:

>Did you see this?  http://www.christianitymeme.org/

The christianitymeme.org needs to reword this slightly.  It is confusing.
They name the organization Christianity Meme, then make the comment "This
site is unabashedly against the Christianity Meme."  After I read it I
figured out what they meant, but it is puzzling on the surface.  From the
site:

Christianity Meme is an organization of people who wish to expose
Christianity for what it really is--a mind virus that controls human
behavior to facilitate its own survival. As such, it is a living, but
unconscious player in human affairs. Warning: This site is unabashedly
against the Christianity Meme. We consider promoting this viewpoint as an
act of philanthropy. This site is maintained by volunteers as part of our
effort. If you would like to join us, please write us at
webmaster at ChristianityMeme.org,