[extropy-chat] a nano question

Acy Stapp acy.stapp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 23:27:12 UTC 2007

The current American usage of 1 million as 1e6 and 1 billion as 1e9 is
expected to prevail but in the past parts of Europe including England
specified 1e6 as a milliard and 1e9 as a million. Perhaps your source
materials were of European origin.

Acy

This may be the source of the confusion.

--
Acy Stapp

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not
beautiful, I know it is wrong." -- R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983)