[extropy-chat] The great global warming swindle

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 23:49:18 UTC 2007

On 4/5/07, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> > I find it is quite relevant to bring such personal, moral arguments to
> > bear here, since it is a moral, not a scientific discussion.
>
> The important part is scientific and serious so I find these personal
> argument tedious and utterly irrelevant.

### I don't see an important scientific question here. Global warming
is real. No scientific controversy here. Whether it is anthropogenic
or not is still a matter of scientific debate (I think it is, at least
in a large part) but it still doesn't matter to me. What matters is
the economic impact, and the cost-benefit effects of various courses
of action - and Mr Gore is a living example of how not to do
cost-benefit analysis.

That he is also a hypocrite is an icing on the cake but boy, it really
strengthens the flavor.

Rafal