[extropy-chat] "The problem is partly a matter of evolutionary psychology."

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 17:48:49 UTC 2007

On 4/7/07, Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> Patrick McKnight is a Rutgers College senior, majoring in philosophy and
> sociology. His column "The View from Nowhere" runs on alternate Fridays.

It isn't worth my time to take apart the article on a piece by piece basis.
It is nice that he is thinking in terms of "sustainability" but the basis
for many of the claims has significant flaws.  Most importantly I would not
expect a major in philosophy and sociology to have a grasp of what
engineering and technology could accomplish given sufficient economic
incentives (be they "natural" or artificial).

Robert