[extropy-chat] Avoid Too Much Change.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sun Apr 8 16:48:12 UTC 2007

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com>

> The only issue," he goes on, "is that some of you may have a problem about
> identity.  You see, the moment that your IQ becomes 12,000 and you know
> everything about Earth history and the pitifully primitive life forms that
> you used to be, you no longer resemble the same person that you used to
> be at all, any more than you currently resemble the fetus that you were
> eight months before birth.
> "Now then.  Who wants to go first?"

And at this point John Clark can be seen jumping up and down with his hand
raised up as high as it will go screaming at the top of his lungs "ME! ME!
PICK ME!".

If you don't regard it as a great tragedy that you no longer resemble a one
month old fetus then I see no reason to fear a 12,000 IQ, but that's just my
opinion and there's no disputing matters of taste.  Regardless of who is
correct, those with an opinion (or taste) similar to mine will become far
more powerful than those with a taste similar to yours, and thus will
dominate in the transhuman gene pool.

  John K Clark