[extropy-chat] Avoid Too Much Change.

Randall Randall randall at randallsquared.com
Tue Apr 10 20:20:20 UTC 2007

On Apr 10, 2007, at 2:07 PM, Russell Wallace wrote:

> On 4/10/07, John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
> either way my style of thinking is that of
> the future, your style will become extinct in less than a century.
>
> Which is fine as make-believe; the problem is when people start
> getting it confused with real life.

Really?  I'd love to hear your reasons for thinking
that this is unlikely or not worth considering.  While
I disagree with John about personal identity, I do
agree that selection will favor those who agree with
him that process survival is unimportant.  This puts
me in an awkward position, as I'm sure you understand.

--
Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com>
"If we have matter duplicators, will each of us be a sovereign