[extropy-chat] Wikipedia page and cryonics

pjmanney pj at pj-manney.com
Wed Apr 11 17:53:06 UTC 2007

Keith wrote:
>*IF* people think cryonics status on the transhumanist list is a good idea,
>reverting only requires going to the last version with the changes under
>history, bringing up the editor and saving.  If you consider yourself a
>transhumanist, you might so remark in the comments on the reversion.  I
>really wonder how many are signed up?

While I understand your historical argument, transhumanism isn't just about cryonics.  I agree with both Justice DeThezier's argument on WTA-talk (since I also said 'no') and Loremaster's rationale for discretion.  Cryonics status -- or any other personal status -- should not be a matter of public record, unless the individual requests it.

Otherwise, it smacks of marketing or other hidden agendas.

PJ