[extropy-chat] Wikipedia page and cryonics

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 12 19:45:34 UTC 2007

At 02:42 PM 4/12/2007 -0400, Keith wrote:

>It's to embarrass the procrastinators into getting their paperwork done
>before they get run over by a truck.

What are the chances that cryonics will be of benefit to someone
who's run over by a truck? (I'm not being sarcastic.) Assume the
truck impact doesn't mush the person's brain--which must happen
fairly frequently, I imagine--and the driver doesn't hit&run, how
long would it take for a corpse to reach the morgue, would the cops
give a shit, would an autopsy be mandatory in such a situation, etc
etc? (I've come close to being hit by careless moron-driven motor
vehicles three times in the last year, just trying to cross an
intersection with a green light; luckily I'm hypervigilant.)

Damien Broderick