[extropy-chat] Cryonics is the only option?

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 19:53:56 UTC 2007

I don't know how relevant this is to the intended
purpose of this thread, but...

How much of a factor would weight-distortions be when
trying to build something using a (general) "dry"
nanofactory? A naked human brain for example, would be
a lot like a squishy puddle if you laid it on the
table. As a separate consideration, if you tried to
build a replica of it with a nanofactory, would the
weight-distortions during assembly significantly add
to the difficulty (eg. because of strained chemical
bonds). I suppose one (dry-assembly) way around this
would be to do the nano-assembling in orbit where the
weight-distortion problem would effectively disappear.

Best Wishes,

Jeffrey Herrlich