[extropy-chat] Anarchy?

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Apr 20 00:21:32 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about some kind of tech-anarchy? Minimal governance, automated
> rather than requiring human judgement wherever possible, using only
> open source code.

I think we'll very quickly require a framework for augmented wisdom as
you describe, but both the code (corresponding to its evolving
methods) and the data (corresponding to its evolving values) must be
open, and if we pursue this line of reasoning I think we find that it
must be a broadly distributed system in order to meet our moral need
for self determination, at least as far as such a configuration
remains competitive.  After that, well it'll be a different game.

- Jef