[extropy-chat] How to be copied into the future?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 00:22:52 UTC 2007

> That's a truism.  But I take you to mean that you'd be willing to
> defer to its terms.  No?  As for me, if it is cheap in terms of time
> and resources, and the advanced entities could save us---but
> choose not to (for whatever reasons)---then I'd just as soon
> they not exist either.  The bastards.

What about if the "advanced entities" generalize humanity to a set of
initial conditions and a process of evaluating state - which can be
calculated to any arbitrarily amusing degree of detail they choose.
If that case, the outlying 1% of this list probably have been
normalized out of the pattern.  Sorry but we're just not "general"
enough to provide the typical "humanity v1.0" experience.  Maybe if
there is sufficient interest, the "Extropian" add-on could be worked
out as an upgrade to the basic program.

.. just a thought.