[extropy-chat] META My position on the secular sin of censorship -- Was Take a stand

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 23 20:20:34 UTC 2007

From: Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>

>> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 01:53:25PM +1000, Brett Paatsch wrote:
> >John Grigg wrote:
> >
> > Attempting to impeach the current president is not a realistic plan
> >
> > Why would you think that?
>
> Folks, killthread. This is completely off-topic for the list.

Eugen, just so you and I are absolutely clear. If you kill this thread, or call
for it to be killed again. If your are that censorious, I will remember it and
hold it against you whilst you and I live. I would oppose your reanimation.
I will regard you as in the aggregate an entropic vector.

I am willing to be censored off the list, it is a private list after all, but
actions (like censorship) are facts that shape reactions. Being a person
in a world of persons, I take things personally. Fair warning.

If I am censored off the list I would take that as diagnostic of the
degeneration of the list.  It is one thing to take issue with a persons
arguments and say so. It is another to stop other people from hearing
those arguments and expressing their reactions which may include
opposition to them. I regard censorship as a form of killing - as do
you by the use of your word killthread.

You are yourself a transient information threaD that the universe
has yet to rule on.

Sincerely,
Brett Paatsch