[extropy-chat] Putting God to the Test

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Apr 25 03:45:23 UTC 2007

At 11:28 PM 4/24/2007 -0400, Rafal wrote:

>Mr Wright always referred to his transformative experience only in
>very general terms. I wonder if there is any more detailed
>information. Was it a vision? A voice? Is it a persistent phenomenon?

As I noted, he's always going on about it in his blog. You have to
wade through the "me toos" though. For example:

http://johncwright.livejournal.com/85492.html

Faith is belief without evidence? Sir, you are talking to
an eyewitness. I am a Christian because I had a religious
experience, and saw the divinity face to face, and lived.
I am not relying on anyone's testimony but the testimony of my
own experience.

I am deluged with evidence. It is only Ten O' Clock, and I
have prayed twice this morning, and been answered within minutes
each time, a thing that simply could not happen in a mechanistic
universe.