[extropy-chat] consequentialism/deontologism discussion

TheMan mabranu at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 21:54:12 UTC 2007

I seem to remember Anders Sandberg asking if someone
was up for a discussion on consequentialism versus
deontologism.

I am!

The moral part of me is all about hedonistic
utilitarianism. I would be interested to know what
other beliefs/views people here have on ethics. Do
some of you advocate ethics consisting of inviolable
rights as opposed to utilitarianism, to any extent
whatsoever, and why?

Will posthumans more likely be utilitarians, rights
advocates or something else?

TheMan