[extropy-chat] democracy

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Wed Apr 25 23:28:07 UTC 2007

On 4/25/07, TheMan <mabranu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Democracy is an interesting topic. Many people seem to
> take it that we have democracy in the western
> societies. Do we really?
>
> What will true democracy be like in a posthuman world?
> What should it be like?

See previous post on morality becoming collaborative social
decision-making for the discovery and application of increasingly
effective positive-sum solutions to the problem of how best to promote
our shared values (that work) into the future we create.  <Whew,
breath.>

Politics has always been about scarcity, but some of us see it
shifting from scarcity of resources to scarcity of attention leading
to positive-sum solutions.

- Jef