[extropy-chat] Will we all choose to become one mind only?

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:28:28 UTC 2007

> Well, now I do see the smiley, :-)     But it deserves a serious
> answer. What TheMan clearly means is that either a huge number
> or even most people may join a group mind.

Well, I took him to mean that practically everyone will join, that the
number who don't will be small enough that the group mind will be where it's
at; the serious intent behind my comment was that if someone who abhors this
idea is that easy to find, there'll likely be substantial numbers of people
who don't so choose. If there are also substantial numbers of people who do,
that's fine with me; once we get off this planet we'll have a universe
plenty big enough to allow diversity.

My eternally made point is that you can do both:  if you truly
> believe that physics is a better description that your own intuitions,
> and your own evolutionarily evolved feelings of anticipation, then
> you believe that you can be in two places at once, and you further
> see that you obviously can choose both to go and to stay.

Certainly.