[extropy-chat] Arthur Schopenhauer

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 26 22:16:09 UTC 2007

At 05:18 PM 4/26/2007 -0400, gts wrote:

>I've taken an interest in Schopenhauer's philosophy and would like to find
>transhumanist/extropian minded people who might share this philosophical
>interest. My idea is that we might read Schopenhauer's works, or works
>about him, and discuss them and interpret them in light of H+, either
>publicly or privately.

The World as Will and Idea is a notion dynamically embodied in Alfred
Bester's great baroque sf  novel THE STARS MY DESTINATION (aka TIGER!
TIGER!), fw that's w. And his flawed protagonist Gully Foyle is one
of the first powerful representations of an augmented human.

I love it when a trope comes around again.

Damien Broderick