[extropy-chat] Europe (was:Gandhi and EP)

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Fri Apr 27 04:00:30 UTC 2007

At 01:27 PM 4/26/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>"Keith Henson" <hkhenson at rogers.com>
>
> > How do you account for the fact that the modern states of Europe have gone
> > so long without a war?
>
>I think the fact the Europe is now the least religious place on planet Earth
>played a part in this happy circumstance.

Indeed it is.

But is it causal?  Or is the decline of religions a effect going so long
without wars?

Time wise, the decline of religions in Europe happened about a generation
after WW II.

And as a side note where I can't find the reference as I recall the
Falklands War resulted in an up tick in religions activity in Great Briton.

Keith