[extropy-chat] LA Times - Singing and health

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 01:00:58 UTC 2007

> My mother-in-law, who is a health professional, church choir member and
> accompaniest, says conductors are some of the longest lived musicians in
> the world.

Conductor Rostropovich died yesterday at age 80.

http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2491814.ece

I agree with PJs mother-in-law.  I can see how it could have a life
extension effect to conduct a good orchestra, for I know of no greater high.
Of course I have never hooted heroin.  Or whatever one does with heroin.
But I did get a chance to conduct a band, and it is way cool.  {8-]

spike