[extropy-chat] How to be copied into the future?.

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 20:29:13 UTC 2007

> To defend John Clark (who needs defending about as much as
> a sting ray needs a BB gun)

 No, no, no... The range for sting rays & BB guns is very short range
(though BB guns exceed string rays -- but less so in water -- because of the
delivery method John's range is potentially much longer.

> > in the same way that two copies of _The Spike_ are
> > often said loosely [sic] to be the "same book".
>
> Loosely?  That *is* the common way of speaking, and
> if I say that my fiancee and I found upon meeting that
> we had read the same book, no one would suppose
> that we merely read the same particular copy.

God Lee, Damien didn't tell you... Due to publisher funding restrictions,
Damien only had half a million monkeys to assemble the pages -- he authored
the words but the paragraph and page assembly was done under contract.  They
had to have a bunch of gamestations pick up the slack.  So I am not so sure
that you two may have read the same book.  They could have been quite
different books but given enough similar impressions and you could have
manufactured a *belief* that you read the same book.  But you did not verify
it.  So you may be both be operating in false delusion driven realities.

Sad, very sad, to see fine extropian individuals being driven into such
situations.

Robert

P.S. sorry for any previous non-content containing posts -- problem due to
trying to do an email and chat at the same time.  (Bad bad bad -- I'm too
old for these modern technological systems)...