[ExI] Max More: Which books?

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sun Aug 5 16:12:47 UTC 2007

Eli, here's the info:

Evidence-Based Management
by Jeffrey Pfeffer, Robert I.  Sutton
Harvard Business School Press, published on 01/01/2006
My commentary/review is here:
http://www.manyworlds.com/exploreCO.aspx?coid=CO1230051617356

You'll also find links to my reviews of other relevant pieces, such
as "Management Science: What Does it Have to Do with Management or
Science?", "Selection Bias and the Perils of Benchmarking", and "Why
Hard-Nosed Executives Should Care About Management Theory"

The book-length version of the first paper above is here:
Hard Facts, Dangerous Half-Truths And Total Nonsense: Profiting From
Evidence-Based Management by Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert I. Sutton
(Hardcover - Mar 1, 2006)
http://www.amazon.com/Facts-Dangerous-Half-Truths-Total-Nonsense/dp/1591398622/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-4558742-8615969?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186329962&sr=1-1

Also relevant, but more specifically focused on typical reasoning errors:
The Halo Effect: ... and the Eight Other Business Delusions That
Deceive Managers
by Phil Rosenzweig (Hardcover - Feb 6, 2007)
http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Effect-Business-Delusions-Managers/dp/0743291255/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-4558742-8615969?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186329991&sr=1-1

Onward!

Max