[ExI] Pirated nano/cryo artwork and pictures- You all need to check for your own!

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Tue Aug 7 00:57:39 UTC 2007

I found this out from cryonet that this was happening. I am forwarding you my response to his "announcement". If you are an artist, photographer, author, graph maker etc. and/or might have an image, artwork or photo available online, you might want to check the link below to make sure it is not being sold illegally at the webpage made by Jonano (also known as Jon Despre, desp, Jonano Despres, nanoaging, Jon, John, Johnathan, Desp, Despre, Futurismboy):
-----------------------

I went to the Jonano's webpage (http://futurism.fotki.com/nanorobots/) and found my work, for sale, for a dollar. Jonano you did not ask my permission (to download, upload or sell) my artwork, please remove all of my images from all of your webpages. It is illegal to sell someone else's work without their permission.
I make business transactions for publication of my work, I can assure you it is not for a dollar, by you selling it for as much, you very well may have taken work away from me. Please also tell me if you have "sold" my work to anyone, who they are and what their email is. They will need to be informed that they have been sold copyrighted material.
I clearly state on each one of my artworks webpages that permission must be asked for any use of my work. You did not ask me and for future reference, no matter what your next big idea is, I do not want to be involved, in any way, no matter what it is.
I also suggest that you have the permission of the other artists and photographers you have on your site, you should do this before you put it up, not after. Please remove all of my images immediately.

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com
Animation Blog: http://maxanimation.blogspot.com/
Craft blog: http://nanogirlblog.blogspot.com/
Foresight Senior Associate http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
Email: nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."