[ExI] you cn't always get what you wnt

David C. Harris dharris234 at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 12 04:10:11 UTC 2007

I'm probably going to regret this, but I thought of the old slogan
"Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do".     ;-)

Much better, think of it as purchasing blood donations from willing
sellers at a price that might even help them pay for college!  It
wouldn't be radically different from the "donate blood to get money to
buy whiskey" tradition of the impoverished people of large cities (once
impolitely called "bums").  But in an orderly legal market, living a
healthy life would be rewarded by higher prices for one's blood,
improving the life quality of both seller and buyer.

BTW: Virgins would not be necessary.  Condom use would be sufficient.
But all those conservative Christians who perpetuate illness by
discouraging stem cell research could make up for it by doing something
beneficial, like donating life-extending blood while "waiting until
marriage".

Just a couple thoughts.

  - David