[ExI] free-will, determinism, crime and punishment.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Aug 28 05:04:53 UTC 2007

"Emlyn" <emlynoregan at gmail.com>

> had a hazy recollection of learning in
> undergrad psych that sociopaths are
> actually made worse by traditional
> therapy (it helps them learn how to fake
>being normal).

I too remember reading something along those lines back in the stone age
when I was foolish enough to take a course in Physiology and was dumb
enough to think these people actually knew what the hell they were talking
about. But very unusually it seems that in this particular case they did
know what they were talking about. Incidentally this was a major plot
point in the conclusion of The Sopranos.

  John K Clark