[ExI] abandon all services

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sun Dec 2 19:04:33 UTC 2007

Anna:
After any large injury or injustice or abuse or theft, the person needs
time to recover, and I had since late summer intended Boulder to be my
strong recovery strategy from my previous years. It's better that you
not ask a person who is still trying to pay or make up for the stolen
things and needs time to recover (me) and instead ask your question of
an Italian scientist who still has hope. The person I am thinking of is
not afraid to write about many of the Italian insanities and he lives in
the north, too, so what he can say is more balanced:

Tommaso Dorigo: Quantum Diaries Survivor
http://dorigo.wordpress.com/

Also, read Beppe Grillo, a political activist comedian (his humor is wry,
you might not get it right away):
http://www.beppegrillo.it/english.php

I can't imagine most of the Transhumanist goals succeeding there with
the present infrastructure. Should you visit? It depends on your goals.
If I didn't have my friends and volcanoes still there, I would not
consider stepping a foot there again, but I'm not very balanced in my
opinion right now. And of course, of any place, visiting a place is
different than living in that place.

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado