[ExI] Is Evolution Random?

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 15:39:30 UTC 2007

""Funda-Mentality"
Is the Conscious Mind Subtly Linked to a Basic Level of the Universe?
     Age-old battle lines over the puzzling nature of mental experience
are shaping a modern resurgence in the study of consciousness. On one
side are the long-dominant "physicalists" (reductionists, materialists,
functionalists, computationalists. . ) who see consciousness as an
emergent property of the brain's neural networks ("brain = mind =
computer"). On the alternative, rebellious side are those who see a
necessary added ingredient: proto-conscious experience intrinsic to
reality, perhaps understandable through modern physics (panpsychists,
pan-experientialists, "funda-mentalists"). It is argued here that the
physicalist premise alone is unable to solve completely the difficult
issues of consciousness (e.g. experience, binding, pre-conscious
conscious transition, non-computability and free will) and that to do
so will require supplemental panpsychist/pan-experiential philosophy
expressed in modern physics. In one such scheme proto-conscious
experience is a basic property of physical reality accessible to a
quantum process associated with brain activity. The proposed process is
Roger Penrose's objective reduction (OR), a self-organizing "collapse"
of the quantum wave function related to instability at the most basic
level of spacetime geometry. In the Penrose-Hameroff model of
"orchestrated objective reduction" ("Orch OR"), OR quantum computation
occurs in cytoskeletal microtubules within the brain's neurons and
links cognition with proto-conscious experience and Platonic values
embedded in spacetime geometry. The basic idea is that consciousness
involves brain activities coupled to self-organizing ripples in
fundamental reality."
__________________

Hi, I have no problem about the conscious mind {experience of
consciousness/awareness} as a self-organizing form of energy involved
in our four dimentional universe including time, a linear one
directional movement from unawarenees to awareness.

First there is unawareness before the so called singularity/big bang,
then there is awareness in time/entropy expands. Now our universe's
expansion is slowing down due to gravity/attraction between masses of
matter but gravity has no effect in the atomic and molecular
interactions within each brain matter.

The basic energy interactions between atoms and molecules depends on
the negative and positive ions which are both deterministic and random.

Can our brain act both as organic and inorganic computer simulated mind
alternating as conscious and unconscious processes?